The Buying Process
Step 1: Prepare to make an offer
- Revisit the neighborhood at various times of day and night.
- Talk with prospective neighbors to discuss what it's like to live in the area.
- Look at the home more critically to discover any overlooked flaws or attributes.
- Market value of home
- Home's condition
- Speciat circumstances
Step 2: Review pre-qualification
- Finalize the exact amount you can pay for a home.
- Seek advice from your real estate sales professional regarding comparable homes
- in the neighborhood and ask for any other relevant information.
Step 3: Make an offer
- Submit purchase and sale agreement to real estate agent. This document includes:
- Description of property
- Price offered
- Down payment
- Earnest money
- Closing date
- Occupancy date
- Length of time offer is valid
- Any other requirements based on advice from your real estate sales professional
- Submit earnest money to show seller you are serious about your offer. Check with your real estate sales professional regarding a customary amount of your "good-faith" payment. (No set amount is required.)
Step 4: Seller response
- Counter Offer